Want to look great, but are finding yourself short on time? I know…I know. I’m preaching to the choir right? We’re all super busy, but, at the same time, we all want to look our best and not spend a ton of money to make that happen. Luckily, beauty expert and new mama, Polly Blitzer, has shared some fabulous tips to help you make the most of your time!
- Switch to longer-lasting treatments and you’ll save yourself tons of money and time on beauty. Ask your colorist for soft balayage instead of full highlights. They grow out more gracefully and give you a couple extra weeks between appointments. Instead of weekly manicures, give bare nails a high-shine gloss with a nail buffing chamois. You can also swap a salon waxing or daily shaving with a razor for an at-home hair epilator tool like Philips Satin Perfect, which keeps skin smooth and stubble-free for up to four weeks.
- Big sunglasses can hide a multitude of beauty woes, like sleep deprivation. If I have no time to primp before leaving the house, I smooth on a luminizing serum, throw on giant shades and swipe on tinted lip balm. I do a quick makeup application in the bathroom when I get to my destination.
- Good news for moms everywhere: Your messy mom ‘do is perfectly on trend. The fall runways forecast intricate updos, from tousled knots and sleek buns. To turn your look from lazy to lovely in seconds, pull hair back into a messy bun and throw a chic pin below it. I call it Nape Candy.
- Want to look wide awake when you’re running on empty? Hide dark circles with a swipe of a luminizing pen then camouflage puffiness with a sweep of matte bronzer on the lightest part of the puffiness. Beyonce’s makeup artist taught me this. It’s the best beauty contouring – the opposite principle of highlighting.
- If there’s one word to describe life as a new mom, it’s clutter. I have twins and there’s just no space for my beauty arsenal anymore. I save time and counter space with products that multitask. My favorites: chubby color pencils. You can apply them without looking and add color to lips, eyes and cheeks that blend into skin with a finger. I call them my ‘sticks of beauty dynamite!’” I also use oil-absorbing sheets that can be used to set makeup, blot away shine, and revive greasy roots when I don’t have time wash my hair.
- As a beauty and style expert, I have to look impeccably groomed on the regular. But as a new mom of twins, I have very little time to get it all done, so I keep a stash of key products (mini brush set, lip balm, witch hazel wipes and an all-in-one palette) in a plastic bag in my handbag to help me get ready on the go. The plastic bag makes everything easy to find and protects your bags from leaks and spills.
Philips Satin Perfect Epilator, YSL Touche Eclat Luminizing Pen, Bobbi Brown Bobbi & Kate Palette, Marc by Marc Jacobs sunglasses, a messy knot as created with Ouidad products and seen at the fall 2013 Tracy Reese fashion show, Clinique Chubby Stick
I don’t about y’all, but I plan on trying out these tips ASAP! I rounded up some products to try based on Polly’s tips. Let us know what you think if you give them a whirl!
We were not compensated for this post.