Now that I am back under my own roof it’s nice to be in the kitchen again. I missed cooking for friends and family! Over Labor Day I thought I’d sneak in one more nod to berries before summer is officially gone. I decided to adapt this recipe I found on Pinterest. The result was a quick festive dessert that tasted pretty darn good too! Just make sure to double up on the recipe so you don’t feel bad about eating it all!
Easy Layered Dessert
Ingredients: Sugar for sprinkling, Cheesecake Instant pudding, Cool Whip, Puff Pastry, Berry assortment, Milk.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice one sheet of puff pastry into thirds along seam, sprinkle with sugar, and cook on parchment paper lined cookie sheet for approx. 12 min. (make sure it looks golden and fluffy).
2. Make cheesecake flavored pudding according to directions and let set in fridge for 5 minutes.
3. Fold about half a container of Cool Whip into pudding to make if lighter.
4. Once pastry has cooled layer pudding mixture, berry assortment and pastry for all three layers.
5. Allow to chill for a while in the fridge and then dig in!