This week was hot. I mean totally sweltering, crazy days hawt! Here on the East Coast I’m actually looking forward to some thunderstorms headed our way which will hopefully break the heat and mean that the inside of my car won’t say 103 degrees when I get in. Yes, that actually happened. Yes, I have leather seats. Yes, some curse words were muttered. So, while summer is still my favorite time of year, I figure this Friday we might need a little reminder as to exactly why that is. So, here we go. Five reasons to celebrate this fab summer Friday.
1. Because, hello, summer food is THE BEST! We’re talking tomatoes, watermelon, corn, hotdogs on the grill, Corona with a wedge of lime. All of that just tastes better in the summer.
2. Sam Edelman Gigis worn daily. No explanation needed. Oh, except that they are the most comfortable and cute sandals ever.
3. Running through sprinklers is awesome. I did this for the first time in years with Jake. I was fully clothed in a work outfit and it was so hot I didn’t even care. The giggles as we ran through the water were well worth my dry cleaning bill.
4. Because on Friday’s most people are so busy planning their summer weekend adventures that working somehow seems to take a back seat. And that’s ok. At least in most cases. Please don’t get fired after reading this.
5. And, finally, the best part about summer is…well everything. Lazy days, picnics, beach outings, beach reads, popsicles…
Clearly I’m a fan, and, wow, after making this list I feel better about this extreme heat. How about you? What do you think makes this time of year so great? How do you have some summer fun?