Sweet Shorts

Kristin from The Little Style File recently told me how flattering shorts with a three inch inseam are. If I wear shorts at all, I’m usually a Bermuda shorts kinda girl, but I figured it couldn’t hurt to give shorter shorts a whirl. It has been several years since they’ve graced this mama’s bod. Haha!

short shorts, printed shorts, j. crew shorts

Outfit details here.

I’m loving these printed J. Crew cuties! So, do you keep it on the longer or shorter side when you’re picking out your shorts lovelies?

Comments

I love both! It really depends on my mood and what place to go. :) I do love that color and print combination.

Kaye
    StyleKikay.com

I hear ya. Kind of like jeans. Am I in a boyfriend or skinnies kinda mood? :)

I feel like it all depends! Shorter shorts definitely look better one me than longer ones since my legs are on the shorter side! However, I think my biggest pet peeve with my shorts is having pull the groin area down all the time because of a little bit of chub rub!

Oh the dreaded chub rub. I hate that!

Love this combo! The one pair of shorts I own right now (as I have a realllly hard time finding flattering ones for my mom hips) have a three and a half inch in-seam, so you may be on to something here!

So glad you found them! I only wear the 3″ shorts from J crew because the rest make me look too dumpy :) Some of the new ones are so adorable, I’m holding my breath for the summer sale!
    xo Mary Jo

Bring on that sale baby!

I think the three inch inseam is just right. Nothings hanging out, but you still have the cute summery silhouette. as long as they aren’t skin tight on your thighs, you are good to go. and these are just adorable, you should take the plunge!

I am a short shorts girl. I just think they look better on me- even post kiddo! These are adorable and I could really use a new printed pair. Not sure we have J.Crew in Singapore- but I am now on the lookout for something similar.