Chambray Pants…Yay or Nay?

I have a whole lotta balls up in the air right now, so comfort is of the utmost importance as I race around trying to not to drop them. I know that pajama dressing isn’t for everyone, but I’m kinda diggin’ these chambray drawstring pants from J. Crew. They definitely look comfortable and I think they look darling cuffed up. I can totally get behind styling them with stripes, but I would probably add some brightly hued flats for a fun pop of color.

j. crew chambray pant

What do you think lovelies? Are chambray pants adorable or not fit for rockin’ outside the house?

Comments

they’re totally cute on the model and they’ll for sure be cozy but would i look like i’m wearing a pair of outdated stretch denim pants from 1986?? possible. I’m willing to try them on to find out!

Absolutely possible…but they’re totally tempting me. Haha! Only one way to find out…

2. Simone M says

I think you have to be VERY careful with these. They walk a very fine line from fashionable to frumpy to dumpy.

If you’re built like Jenna Lyons, who created these pants, and is quite tall, small hipped and has long legs, you’ll look cute in them. If you’re pear shaped – even if thin – the elastic waist and excess fabric around your butt will make you look heavier. If you’re short, the non-strucute of the elastic waist pull on will make you look shorter and frumpier.

All you lovely naysayers make excellent points! A flattering fit is always important to me…That being said, I still totally want to dry them. Haha!

Adorable and as I am now of the school drop off/pick up kind I’m always on the look out for clothes that are relaxed but “appropriate”!

Word!

Hmmm….a tapered leg and chambray denim – two styles I swore I would never wear again. I know everything comes back around, but the key is knowing what you personally can pull off. A definite no for me, but if you can style them so they don’t look like scrubs, go for it!

Oh to make scrubs stylish…Haha!

When I saw your title I immediately thought NO! But after seeing the picture they’re really cute! I bet they’re super comfy too.

They’re getting some very diverse reactions. Haha!

i have a pair of chambray pants and i love them! except they wrinkle like crazy…but still definitely a yay for me! I just wear with a longer blouse to cover the crotch wrinkle situation.