Wedding Wednesday: A Dream Proposal

disney proposal

Just a few short months ago my dream proposal came true.  Perfect future husband…perfect ring…perfect location…the perfect day.  One sunny Florida day, my honey and I headed to Disney’s Magic Kingdom for a day of fun.  As season passholders, this is a regular pastime for us and one that I NEVER get sick of!

We had gotten a late start and arrived right before the afternoon parade.  As we headed up main street hand in hand, surrounded by a sea of parade viewers, my now fiance asked if I wanted to get “our castle picture.”  Every time we go to Magic Kingdom we take a picture in front of Cinderella’s castle.  I handed our camera to one of the street vendors and asked her to take our picture.  She took one and he asked her to take one more.  When I turned back around and looked at him, I saw him reaching into his pocket.  Someone shouted “Oh my gosh!  He is going to propose!”  He started to say: “Baby, we have been together a really long time…I love you very much and I want to spend the rest of my life with you…”

At that moment a lot of things happened at once.  I started to shake and cry. He was on one knee with a ring box in hand saying something (I have no idea what) and there was lots of cheering. All of the sudden I had a ring on my finger and was in his arms.  I am still not certain I said “yes” although when I ask him he laughs and says I said “yes” about 8 times.  It was nothing short of magical (sincere apologies for the cheese fest)!!

proposal story

engagement ring

disney proposal

Disney is very special place for me and for us.  It is the source of some of my favorite childhood memories. – memories with my Mom and sister (Kristin).  Disney was also the first little trip Jer and I took together.  Some of my favorite movies, songs and stories come from this magical land.  And now it’s the location of my dream proposal…

How did your fiance or husband propose to you??  Please share!  I love a good proposal story!

Thanks to my sis for another wonderful Wedding Wednesday post!

Comments

1. Jessica says

Congratulations! It looks like you had a great day with your fiance. As a Disney passholder and life-long visitor, I’ve always wanted to see a proposal in the parks but never have!

Awww such a sweet story!

My proposal wasn’t as special as yours- lol but it was special in our own way. My fiancee proposed to me while I was taking outfit pictures for my blog. There was no one around and just the two of us- which I wanted. Now our wedding is just a little over a month away! I can’t wait!!!

I can’t wait to see your wedding pics! :)

Aww… I love this cheesefest! Imagine how special it will be now when you two take your future kids to Disney.

Jessica Reply:

@Marissa, Thank you, Marissa! I cannot wait to take our babies there some day!!!! =)

Awww indeed! What a great story for the happiest place on earth. My sweetheart proposed to me on a fly fishing trip on the Ocoee River in TN. Tied the ring to the end of the fishing line, got down on one knee in his waders, etc. etc. My first time fishin’ and I caught myself a fiancee! How ’bout them apples.

Jessica Reply:

@Tiffany Morrison, Oh that is TOO precious! LOVE IT! Hook line and sinker! =)

5. Mary says

Congratulations!

My husband proposed at Midnight on New Year’s Eve (20 years ago) while we danced to the Righteous Brother’s “Unchained Melody.”

Jessica Reply:

@Mary, Ohhhh! LOVE IT!

You & Kristin look sooo much alike! I love Disney too! We were just talking about having to plan out next trip there. My husband proposed on Christmas Day in my childhood bedroom. It was very special to me.

Jessica Reply:

@Traci, THANK YOU! =)

Jessica Reply:

@Jessica, I LOVE YOUR PROPOSAL STORY! SO SWEET!