Spring Style Challenge: Mint

I have a special treat for you today lovelies! For this week’s Monday Mingle post, I participated in a spring style challenge with fellow bloggers Carly of Thirty Something Fashion and Anna of In Honor of Design. I’ve been a long time fan of these lovely ladies and I thought it would be fun to see how we all styled a spring trend. We decided to tackle one of my current obsessions…mint!

As la baby bump has gotten bigger and bigger, it’s become more challenging to dress it. I’ve been wanting to rock mint forever it seems, but I haven’t been able to get my hand on a piece that accommodated my lil’ lady bean, until recently. On a shopping trip at Charming Charlie’s, I scored a beautiful mint statement necklace. It’s the kind of piece that really stands out, which I love as the bump seems to be all people can focus on these days. Haha! I plan on wearing this piece with neutrals and prints alike. I’m so excited to FINALLY have a bit of mint in my wardrobe!

mint necklace

blogger style challenge

maternity style

Outfit Details: Charming Charlie necklace, LOFT bangles, Juno & Jove bangles, Tory Burch bag via Bag, Borrow or Steal, Liz Lange for Target maternity maxi dress, Coach sandals

Here’s how Carly, who’s also expecting bambino number two, interpreted our theme…

thirty something fashion

“Every season there are a few colors that I gravitate towards and one of them for Spring 2012 is most definitely “Mint”!  What I love about this particular piece is that it takes a “classic” like a blazer and has reworked it in such a fun, fresh and modern way.  The contrast of black on the lapel is completely unexpected and adds the perfect amount of edge.  Hope you find some outfit inspiration!”

And here’s Anna’s rendition..

in honor of design

“Mint seems to be made for spring. I thought it would be fun to pair seafoam and mint since they compliment each other so well – a great monochromatic combo. I added a punch of orange to complete the look, because I am a bold colors girl at heart!”

Don’t forget to join us, Momtrends and Glamamom by linking up your style or fashion posts to Monday Mingle! This week’s linky is being hosted by Glamamom. And please make sure you visit Thirty Something Fashion and In Honor of Design. You’ll definitely leave their beautiful blogs inspired!

monday mingle

Comments

You look incredible! A statement necklace is definitely the way to draw attention away from the baby bump! I’m glad you experimented with the trend with a necklace that you can wear long after the baby arrives.

Kristin wow I have never seen a more stunning pregnant lady, beautiful!! The pastels are fun this season and mix so well with bolder shades!

I have a $100 Gift Card Giveaway from Soft Surroundings if you would like to enter!!

xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love how blog comments give fashion bloggers the opportunity to discover other blogs. That is how I discovered yours :) Lovin’ your Monday Mingle concept! Great Charming Charlie necklace…here in Texas we are major CC addicts…lol. Congrats on your upcoming little one!

@Cathy_Showan

LOVE that necklace! I need to visit this Charming Charlie that you speak of ; )

And honestly…I can’t believe that you’re here for another Monday Mingle…I thought for sure that baby would be here by now!

Two months to go! :)

You look SO beautiful…I plan on the “black maxi” being my staple too…and I ADORE that necklace…amazing.
    Such a glowing mama to be!!! This was so fun…hope we can do it again soon:)
    C

You look fantastic!! I love mint and your necklace is gorgeous. I’m in that early, awkward “fat” stage of pregnancy. Isn’t it amazing how fast baby #2 shows? I’m now at 15 wks and have already broken into my maternity clothing stash. Hoping to look as stylish as you as the months go by!

Congrats lady!! It is crazy how fast baby bump #2 pops!