Jake’s Nursery Reveal

I’m so excited to share the final pics of Jake’s nursery. With Kristin sharing pictures of her adorable pink lemonade shower yesterday, it seems like prefect timing. This room has been such a work in progress spanning from when there was barely a bump and we were cleaning out the ol’ junk to just a few weeks ago when we were hanging the gallery wall. And, of course, all of your feedback on both the original inspiration board and the big glider dilemma were hugely helpful! I know the crib wall looks blank, but I actually have some plans for it once Jake is about 6 months older. In the meantime, we love it and hope you do too. Here we go!

This is the view as you enter the room.

Jake's Nursery Reveal

And the view from another corner.

Jake's Nursery Reveal

You might remember this artwork from a boutique in Atlanta WAY back in November. I love that is is bright and colorful and incorporates our favorite family activity, vacation! Underneath, is is a basket of board books that we can easily access and a stuffed monkey that unfolds into a floor pillow.

Jake's Nursery Reveal

I took the advice of several readers and went for the nicer glider and boy has it been helpful! It’s so comfortable and I must admit I’ve been caught in it with my eyes closed and mouth hanging open a time or two.  I brought in a metallic side table that I had in another room.  Oh my, what are all those gadgets on it, you might ask? Well, we keep an iPod/docking station for lullabies, as well as all our music for getting ready or dance partying.  Hey, in my world it’s never too early for a little Britney. A clock is really  helpful as well as a thingy (official word!) that tells you the room temperature and humidity level.

Jake's Nursery Reveal

One of my favorite pieces in the room is this Ikea storage unit, I love how it plays off the paint and it’s perfect for toys and books.

Jake's Nursery Reveal

Of course, special books we put higher on this shelf for Jake to read when he’s at an age when he won’t drool all over them.

Jake's Nursery Reveal

Here’s his crib, complete with woodland bedding. Don’t worry, the comforter is only there for the photo op.  It will be great when he is older, but for now it’s folded in the closet.

Jake's Nursery Reveal

Jake is loving this mobile and it doesn’t require holes in my ceiling. It’s a win, win!

Jake's Nursery Reveal

Here’s a view of the gallery wall and changing station straight on.

Jake's Nursery Reveal

And just because little clothes are cute…

Jake's Nursery Reveal

Room Items Found Here: Pottery Barn Kids Glider, Furniture Bambi Baby, West Elm convex mirrors, Bedding, Manhattan Toy Skwish Mobile, Ikea Storage Unit, Jungle Rug, Land of Nod curtains no longer available, Side Table.

Let me know if I missed anything and please let me know what you think.  Is it too wild for your taste?  Did you go all out and do something similar? Let’s here is sista!

Megan

Comments

absolutely love this room, Meagan! It’s so pretty. Lime green is my now and adoring that IKEA piece and so many other components. Glad you went with the nicer glider. It’s worth it! Enjoy all of it.

I love love love it!! I can only hope mine is half as cute!!! I find out the sex today and then I am going to get started!! So excited! ANyways- I love all the artwork you found and the rug and the clothes! All the details make it look so awesome!

By the way- how big is that room if you dont mind me asking? I’m worried mine is going to be too small to fit everything!

Congratulations! I can’t wait to hear what your having! It’s actually a pretty small square room, I’ll double check the size but I would guess its 12×12.

Rachel B Reply:

@The BonBon Rose Girls, Thanks! I’m glad to know because it looks like you have all the furniture stuff I want and about the same size room! Mine’s 13 x 8 so its kind of a weird shape but I think it’ll work out!

@Rachel B, I’m sure it will be great!

Congratulations! Absolutely love the color! It’s a great balance of baby and not-too-baby, which I love. I’m in love with the glider and piping on it, as well as the storage and mirrors. I’m still in the process of finishing baby #2′s nursery (we didn’t know what we were having). I’m having fun keeping this nursery simple, with various shades of pink/fuchsia, cream and gray (chevron). Pinterest and blogs like yours are such an inspiration! Thank YOU!

@Michelle, Ohhh chevron, you are speaking my language! Ha!

It is perfection! what a great room:) I actually just hired someone to do Connors Big Boy Room and “do over” the nursery for when the next lil guy arrives…..it takes SO much time and energy that I don’t have …too busy with work. Plus, I don’t think I have anywhere near the talents you do my dear.
    Love it!
    C

@carly, Good for you, I always say if you’re too tired or busy, outsource! Hence the cleaning lady, ha!

Wow the photos and the nursery look amazing! I love the colors and theme. I want to check out that artwork too for our playroom. I am trying to do a “world traveler” theme but haven’t had time to really find some good artwork. Hope mommy hood is treating you well! xoxo, Naina

@Naina @ STYLE’N, I actually got those at a boutique but I noticed that Target has something similar right now, you might want to check there!

Megan, it looks wonderful! Such a fun and bright room for your boy. The rug is my favorite piece! Before you know it, he’ll know all the animals.

One suggestion for your gallery wall (from my own experience): get some velcro Command strips to secure the bottom of the frames to the wall. Why? As soon as your boy is able to, he will knock those babies out of place and you’ll forever be straightening them. I still need to do this for the artwork above my son’s changing table but since he’s nearly outgrown it (the table that is), I’ll just live with the crooked frames.

@Laura@JourneyChic, Such a great simple tip, thanks!

Oh my goodness, this is adorable! We’re having a little boy in about 7 weeks and still don’t have the room decorated. I’ve picked out a simple bed set that I like that’s pretty much just primary colors in a stripe pattern, but I can’t decide on how to decorate his room yet. I’m scared I’m going to bring him home to a boring and unfinished room!

@Paola Deininger, No worries, we did a bunch in the months afterward. I got to the point where I was just too pregnant and tired towards the end. Luckily the have no idea, ha!

Seriously looks like it should in Better Homes and Gardens. You are amazing. I would now like to move into Jake’s nursery, which is cleaner and more beautiful than any room of my house!

11. Sonia says

What a gorgeous nursery- congratulations ! Where did you get that adorable rug? Don’t forget to cover the outlets – he will start crawling before you know it :)

12. Patricia Cook says

Hi Megan! Absolutely great room. I have the exact same diaper caddy (yay Target!), still using it! Glad to hear this room wasn’t perfectly ready before Jake was born…poor Colin started out sleeping in my office (which I have since made into a cosy boys bedroom, but it took me a while!).

I’m in love with this nursery!! I love how you balanced out the light and dark colored funiture, the color of the room is awesome, and the animal theme is too cute! I sat on a glider similar to that one and it is super comfortable!! I definitely getting one of those! :)

I love elephants so of course I love this nursery!!! The ikea storage unit is great-really pops! I’ve never seen a mobile like that before. It’s so fun!