Style Challenge: Two Bloggers, One Fall Trend

Last week I posed a challenge to one of my favorite bloggy buds, Naina from Style’N. I thought it would be fun if we selected a fall trend and each styled it. Naina suggested the poncho. I jumped at the chance to work this particular piece into my wardrobe as I love the look, but just hadn’t pulled the trigger and bought one yet. So, I headed over to my favorite vintage shop, Misred Outfitters, and lucked out by scoring a fabulous vintage poncho. It was part of the same haul as my red blazer and gold mesh bag! It was quite the successful trip, but I digress…

vintage poncho

vintage poncho

I decided to style my poncho (similar here) with Banana Republic skinnies (similar here), a vintage necklace also from Misred Outfitters, a family heirloom gold cuff, my T+J Designs Glam Leatherette Ring and my beloved vintage suede boots. Y’all know I’ve been itching to bust out my mama’s boots!

What do you think lovelies? Is the poncho welcome in your wardrobe? And on a side note…I would love tips on how to keep fringe untangled. I untangled the fringe on my poncho umpteen times only to have it tangle up again. Le sigh.

Now that you’ve seen my look, head on over to Style’N to see how Naina styled her poncho! And when you’re done with that, check out my guest post over at The Loudmouth Lifestyle!

Comments

Wow Kristin-you look fabulous in the at vintage poncho. Seriously I wore these all the time as a little girl-wish I still had my ponchos! And I love how you added a bit of drama and fun to your outfit with the beaded necklace and killer boots. And I love how you and I styled our outfits so differently to reflect our own personal style. Thank you so much for asking me to participate in your style challenge-I am so flattered! :) xoxo, Naina

I love the poncho with the red boots. My mother actually has a vintage poncho similar to that. I would have taken it out of her storage closet but I would look like a big blob with tassels and not a stylish lady. I’m so jealous.

honestly, not a big poncho fan for myself, but you look rockin cute in it!! however, i would def wear those red boots all day and everyday (i do live in athens, home of the ga bulldawgs!). glad i found your site!! check me out if you get a chance, i’m a mommy with a makeup problem…

Kristin, you OWN this outfit! So gorgeous. I admit, my mom made me a poncho back in the day but for some reason I asked her to make me this mauve-kind-of-pink so I have no clue how to make it into an outfit now. I’d love to get a neutral coloured one like this and dress it up with accessories! :)

Tan + Red = Winner.
    I love the vintage feel of the lacey poncho but paired with those smokin’ red suede boots you’ve boosted it into overtime STYLE! Wowzahs. More ponchos, please.

I ADORE it. Love it all. Good stuff. Especially the BR skinnies. I think my upcoming birthday is just the excuse to finally go out a purchase me a pair. Happy Fall!

You should! They’re so comfy! You can get 30% off today with the code BIRTHDAY : )

@Tiffany Morrison, OOPS…The card for today is BRBIRTHDAY actually!