Birthday Worthy Sparkles

My birthday is coming up next month and, to be honest, it’s not one I’m overly thrilled about. I’m not sure what it is about 33 that’s freaking me out a bit. No other thirty something bday has bugged me, but this one is turning out to be a tough one to swallow. Le sigh.I know. Cry me a river right? There are way worse things in the world. I know that…but I’m going to have a little pity party just for a second, ok? Haha!

So, in an effort to get over myself and get psyched about my upcoming birthday celebration, I’m bound and determined to come up with an outfit so fabulous that turning 33 won’t bother me one little bit! After thinking it over some, I do believe sequins are in order. It’s hard to be sad when you’re decked out in sparkles!

sparkle

Outfit Details: here

So, do y’all have any birthday look ideas pour moi? I’m all ears lovelies!

Comments

I’m LOVING this outfit. Now I want it and I’m turning 34 this year. I think my freak out was around 28, but things are going well for me now and I feel like I’m on the right track in life, so possibly that will be my last one :) Go somewhere with delicious food, look fab and be with your family. Once you gt to talking and cake rolls around, you’ll be like “thirty-what?”

I just turned 33 last week…. it hit me pretty hard too. But, I’m still alive! I think sparklies make any pill easier to swallow, so sequin it up mama!
    xoxo
    Lia

3. Blondie, Esq. says

I’m turning 32 this year… another 30somethingwheredidmy20sgo birthday. :) I think sparkles are definitely the way to go, and a massage!

Um ok 33?? Not feeling sorry for you!! I’ll be 38 next week!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the top & shoes!! The jeans are cute too but I’m having a hard time finding skinnies that fit & look ok even after losing all the weight that I have.

They’re corduroy! Have you tried those? : )

I’m going to be 34 in January…and I think it is extra important to be sparkly and shinny and new on your birthday! I love this outfit! What kind of earrings will you year? Something gold I would say.

Oh don’t worry…life just keeps getting better…I swear. The worst is 39, it’s like that moment you reach the top of the roller coaster and you’re about to go down and you wish you could get off. But then weeeee it’s just so much fun. I’m 43 and I’m having the time of my life and I’ll be young at heart forever and so will you!
    Happy Birthday!
    xo
    Sharon

I had no idea you were going to be my age this year! It’s not a bad age to be so far. As for you, sparkles and stripes or sparkly stripes if you can find them. ;)

SO funny…I’m doing a guest post this week that is totally stripes and sequins!

I think that outfit will DEFINITELY help bring a smile to your face! That top is seriously amazing :)
    Girl 33 is a great number. I was down on being 32 the other day but then started thinking about all my friends that are already gone. It really brought things to prospective for me. I’m blessed to celebrate a 32nd birthday :)

You are so right! : )

I am 37 and loving it. Life just keeps getting easier the older that I get. I did freak out over 30 but seriously it is just a number. You are right, you can never be sad when you are wearing sparkles. This is a fantastic outfit and one that is perfect for a celebration.

Julie