Lust Object: Cashmere

So, have I ever told you that I’m allergic to cashmere? Practically the moment it touches my skin, I break out into hives. You don’t know how many times I’ve lamented over my inability to wear it, especially when I see a beautiful scarf like this Neiman Marcus number. Not only am I allergic to cashmere, but I can’t wear wool either. It makes shopping for sweaters a wee bit challenging to say the least.

neiman marcus cashmere scarf

In the grand scheme of things, my little allergy is by no means a tragedy. I am beyond blessed with good health, a loving hubs and my darling little dude…but I do still wish that I could rock cashmere. Haha! I’ll just have to leave vicariously through you!

If you want this scarf as much as I do and you’re in the Tampa Bay area, consider heading over to the Neiman Marcus at International Plaza and Bay Street on September 8, so you can enjoy a fabulous evening out, in addition to a little shopping!

Comments

No f’in way!! How could you be allergic to cashmere and THANK GD you live in warm weather!!!!!! Hope you girls have an amazing trip!!! SO excited to hear how it goes!!!

I’m sorry to hear you are allergic to cashmere. That is such a shame, not only because it is so beautiful in fashion, but because it is one of the most comfortable materials in the world…

I am allergic to wool as well, which can be a bit of a hassle when shopping for a coat or sweater. :S

But you live in Tampa, right? I suppose being allergic to those materials would not be so bad then. I realize winters can be cold, but for the most part, the weather is nice, if I remember correctly. At least you aren’t allergic to swimsuit material! ;)

@Jennifer Fabulous, True…Living in Florida makes it a bit easier!

this scarf is amazing, love the deep red color! xoxo

As well got a Twitter Giveaway going on … Please RT

@somekindofstyle Win a rockin’ piece of Jewelry @InPirateWeTrust #PirateSomeStyle

I’ve always thought cashmere and wool were itchy, but the itchiest piece of clothing I think I’ve worn for fashion’s sake was pantyhose, which I wore for years. That scarf is pretty, though. Have fun on your vacay!

I completely understand, certain knits like angora blends tend to irritated my skin, although I don’t think I’m allergic because I can do cashmere and merino. Luckily silk never gives me a problem so lately I’ve been collecting silk scarves.

I must say that is a tragedy. Not on the hurricane, poverty level but cashmere is oh so lovely. The mornings are starting to get a little chilly here. I’m dreading the fact that I will have to start bringing out the scarves.

I suppose the good thing about that is that you won’t break your budget buying sweaters! Thank goodness for cotton though–I love a soft cotton sweater. It’s almost as good (and even better if it means saving your skin!).