Ever since I caught a glimpse of banana pudding during this Freshly Picked Rosebud’s post a few weeks back, the thought of making some good ol’ fashioned banana pudding has been on my mind. Plus, with crazy hot summer weather it’s a great dessert that doesn’t require any hot ovens. So, after settling on a recipe, I decided to give in to my sweet tooth. Boy was it ever worth it!
And for those of you who like a good Southern dessert (aka any recipe that uses condensed milk freely), here is the delicious recipe I used:
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package reduced fat vanilla wafers
- In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix and milk and stir until mix is dissolved. Refrigerate 15 minutes, until partially set.
- Stir condensed milk into pudding mixture until smooth. Fold in sour cream and whipped topping. Fold in the sliced bananas.
- Make a single layer of vanilla wafers in the bottom of a 9×13 inch dish. (I actually used a bowl and just spread throughout) Spread pudding evenly over wafers. Garnish with wafers on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.