Champage Saturday: A Dressed Up Look for Under $100

A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to cover the Fashion Week Tampa Bay show. I thought it would be a fabulous opportunity to see if I could put together a dressed up look without shelling out a whole lotta cheddar. Y’all know how much I heart a good deal! I had managed to find a Tucker for Target Signature Dress in Diamond Print at my local Target a couple weeks prior to the show and I decided to work around that.

I made it my goal to spend less than a hundred bones.  I had been wanting a new pair of metallic heels and I thought a  metallic look would go perfectly with my new frock, so I hit up Payless. My hope was to find a killer pair of Christian Siriano for Payless pretties. Happily, I didn’t leave empty handed. I scored gold peep toes for under $20.00. Since the dress was $39.99, I still had around $40.00 left for which to accessorize myself, but I thought I would give shopping my closet a try first before I visited any more stores.

From my existing wardrobe, I drummed up a pair of Old Navy drop hoop earrings, a Forever 21 bejeweled bangle, that you may remember from my first Champagne Saturday, post and an ancient glittery clutch (you know me and sparkle), so I didn’t have to spend another dime. Looking stylish and chic on the cheap is quite possible wouldn’t you agree?

Seriously, hit me with your opinion. What DO you think of the end result lovelies? Was my look worthy of the event I attended or should I have reached a little deeper into my pockets and rocked some higher end gear? Inquiring minds want to know!

tucker for target signature dress

christian siriano for payless shoes

p.s. Did you happen to notice the ferris wheel photographs that are behind me in the pics? They were taken by my uber talented friend Monica of Ciao, Chessa! Check out her Etsy shop to see more of her gorgeous work!

Comments

Perfection! I love that clutch! And you didn’t overaccesorize. With that dress it would be really easy to take the focus off the dress with a ton of jewerly, but you kept it simple with little details here and there and it looks perfect. And I love those ferris wheel pics. I will definitely check her out!

You look gorgeous, that dress is stunning!! And *those shoes*, ga, ga, ga!!

I did not notice the ferris wheel until you mentioned it. I was too distracted by the beautiful dress, and then I noticed the shoes and felt my jaw drop to my toes ;) I cannot believe you found those at Payless, they look very high end.

I keep reading about Tuckers for Target… I think some cross-border shopping is long overdue.

Have a fabulous weekend!

You look great and absolutely no need to spend another dime! I’m just wondering why you didn’t pick up your bestie that frock in her own size? Humph! Also, do I spy new curtains in the front window? Love them!

What an awesome look for under $100!!! I love when a person looks great without spending to much, my philosophy is it’s not how much you spend, but how much you make it look like you spent. Would have NEVER known those shoes were only $20!

I just love the dress, the Tucker for Target line had some great pieces, but I did not get to Target to fight the crowds on opening day and missed out.

You look so fabulous though, and it’s always great to prove you don’t need to spend a lot to do so!

you look great! Will you be posting pics of the event?

Lorispeak

@Lori, Hi Lori, I linked my post on the event in this one! : )

Lori Reply:

@The BonBon Rose Girls, lol. Oops! I thought that was going to be a link to the website for the event. But now I see! Thanks!

Lorispeak

Loving this outfit! And I think there’s nothing wrong with finding things that are cheaper money-wise … because it ends up looking fabulous anyways and you get more for your $! You look amazing and it’s definitely an inspiration to look around and find those kind of items!

YOU! Are so fabulous! You look amazing! And I heart the shoes… so much. Sigh. Thanks for showing us how to pull off show-stopping fab without spending the big bucks. That’s why we love you :)